HRS4R – HR AWARD
HRS4R - HR AWARD The International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne's University Hospital Brno is constantly working to improve the working conditions of researchers and, as proof of her efforts, committed to adhering to the principles set out in the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code). On 4 December 2019, it sent a letter to the European Commission declaring its commitment, initiating steps to receive the Human Resources Excellence in Research Award (HR Award).
HRS4R - HR AWARD
The International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne's University Hospital Brno is constantly working to improve the working conditions of researchers and, as proof of her efforts, committed to adhering to the principles set out in the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code). On 4 December 2019, it sent a letter to the European Commission declaring its commitment, initiating steps to receive the Human Resources Excellence in Research Award (HR Award).
The HR Award is an award given by the European Commission to research institutions that implement a human resources strategy for researchers. The individual principles commit the institutions to creating a working environment and setting up an internal culture that helps to build the European Research Area, creates space for the professional and career development of researchers and ensures transparent recruitment procedures. It sets out clear standards that researchers can expect from the institution that employs them, as well as the commitments and responsibilities of the researchers themselves.
Human resources strategy for researchers
The Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (The Human Resources Strategy for Researchers also known as HRS4R) is a mechanism through which the European Commission (EC) seeks to ensure that institutions take concrete steps to improve working conditions for researchers across Europe.
Reasons for implementing HRS4R for FNUSA-ICRC
- Better chances of obtaining funding for research from European and domestic programs to support research - benefits in the HORIZON 2020, TAČR, GAČR and other programs
- Increasing international prestige and attractiveness
- Improving the quality of care for human resources
- Support of internal processes
- The impetus for changes in inner culture
- Connection with the pan-European network of research organizations
Benefits of HRS4R implementation for the researchers themselves
- Creating the conditions for a more attractive career in research and development
- Ensuring transparent recruitment and selection of new researchers
- Professional development and retention of the best employees
- Meeting the needs of researchers
Members of the implementation team
- HR Award Expert Team
- Working Groups
- HR under the leadership of Mgr. Olga Korvasová
- Ethics under the leadership of prof. Renata Veselská
- Good practice under the guidance of Mgr. Jakub Johaník
- Environment led by Mgr. Michala Janota
- PR under the leadership of Ing. Jiří Erlebach
- Quality led by Dr. Alice Navrátilová
- PHASE - Initiation - year 2020
- Stakeholder involvement (Supervisory Board, working groups, researchers)
- Setting up working groups
- Collecting data for GAP analysis, especially through a questionnaire survey, focus groups and in-depth interviews
- Analysis of the current situation in FNUSA-ICRC in connection with the fulfillment of the principles stated in the Charter and the Code (GAP Analysis)
- Preparation of the Action Plan according to the findings resulting from the GAP analysis (closing individual gaps to the principles set out in the Charter and the Code)
- Submission of all documents that will be sent to the European Commission to the Supervisory Board
- Sending the GAP Analysis, Action Plan and other documents to the European Commission
- PHASE - Implementation - since 2021
- Implementation of individual actions listed in the Action Plan
(each of the actions has a set deadline, responsible person or department and indicators, according to which it will be possible to evaluate whether and how successfully the action was fulfilled)
- 24 months after receiving the HR Award (in 2023)
- Internal evaluation, evaluation of the original Action Plan and its revision
- After another 3 years of implementation of the Action Plan (preliminary in 2026)
- External evaluation by the European Commission (Site visit)
To set up and maintain strategic human resources management International Center for Clinical Research University Hospital at St. Anny in Brno, in accordance with the conditions for obtaining the European Commission's HR Award, prepared the project "Implementation of the HR AWARD standard in FNUSA-ICRC" within the Operational Program Research, Development and Education, which was successfully approved by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport.
Supported by the European Regional Development Fund - project Implementation of the HR AWARD standard in FNUSA-ICRC (reg. No. CZ.02.2.69 / 0.0 / 0.0 / 18_054 / 0014678).