FNUSA-ICRC RESEARCH RESULTS
1,523 research articles in prestigious scientific journals
- The New England Journal of Medicine
- Chemical Reviews
- Nature Communications
- Nature Reviews Neurology
- European Heart Journal
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- Molecular Cell
- … and many more
SELECTED RESEARCH AWARDS
Dr. Ota Hlinomaz (ACS): The Best Czech Cardiology Publication, 1st Place, Annual Congress Of The Czech Cardiology Society, 2018
• Dr. Lumír Krejčí (GENI): Rector’s Award For Excellent Long-Term Research Results, Masaryk University, 2018
• Miloš Musil (PEG): The Best Poster Award, 12th Protein Stabilization Conference, 2018
• Miloš Musil (PEG): Joseph Fourier Prize, The French Embassy In Prague And ATOS, 2018
• Prof. Jiří Damborský (PEG): Kapsch Award, Czech Brain Award, 2017 (Link To The Press Release)
• Dr. Ondřej Volný (STR): Danubius Young Scientist Award, The Federal Ministry Of Education, Science And Research + The Institute For The Danube Region And Central Europe, Austria, 2017
• Dr. Valentina Lacovich (TAP): Young Investigator Award NPS 2017, Neuropsychiatric Syndromes In The Area Of Neurodegenerative Diseases, International Society To Promote Research And Treatment Of Alzheimer’s Disease, Alzheimer’s Association, USA, 2017
• Dr. Robert Mikulík (STR): Spirit Of Excellence Award, Annual European Stroke Organization Conference, 2017
• Dr. Ota Hlinomaz (ACS): The Best Czech Cardiology Publication, 1st Place, Annual Congress Of The Czech Cardiology Society, 2017
• Dr. Zdeněk Stárek (ICE): The Best Czech Cardiology Publication, 3rd Place, Annual Congress Of The Czech Cardiology Society, 2017
• Dr. Ximena Maria Muresan (CAP): Nicolo Copernico Award For Biomedicine, Giulio Natta And Nicolo Copernico Awards For Scientific Research And Technological Innovations, 2017
• Dr. Zuzana Nedělská (Neuro 2): Henner Award Of The Czech Neurological Society For The Best Young Author Publication, 2015
• Dr. Jan Laczó (Neuro 2): Outstanding Young Author Publication Award, The Czech Neurological Society, 2015
• Dr. Zbyněk Prokop Et Al (CBCE): Werner Von Siemense Award For The Most Important Outcome Of Research Or Innovation, 2014
• Dr. Ivan Čundrle (Cardio 4): 2nd Place In The Young Investigator Awards Of The American College Of Cardiology, 2013
• Dr. Jan Laczó (Neuro 2): Junior Faculty Award At The 11th International Conference On Alzheimer’s And Parkinson’s Diseases In Florence, Italy, 2013
• Dr. Zuzana Nedělská (Neuro 2): Novartis Discovery Award, 2013
• Dr. Ondřej Sochor (Cardio 6): The Best Poster Awards – Annual Meeting Of The American College Of Cardiology, 2013
• Dr. Tomáš Konečný (Cardio 4): The Best Innovation Award, 2nd Place, CRT (Cardiovascular Research Technologies) Conference, 2013
• Dr. Tomáš Konečný (Cardio 4): Young Investigator Award – 2nd Place, The American College Of Cardiology, 2012
• Dr. Anna Svatíková (Cardio 4): 2nd Place In The Clinical Medicine Competition At The 10th Annual Research Symposium Of American Medical Associations, 2012
• Dr. Tomáš Konečný (Cardio 4): Cournand And Comreo Award For Young Investigator – Finalist, Scientific Meeting Of The American Cardiology Association, Los Angeles, 2012
• Dr. Tomáš Konečný (Cardio 4): Young Investigator Award – First Prize, Scientific Meeting Of The American College Of Chest Physicians, 2011
Method of ECG Signal processing and apparatus for performing the method
Applicants: FN u sv. Anny, Ústav přístrojové techniky AV ČR, M&I s.r.o.
Multi-electrode epicardial pacing
Applicants: FN u sv. Anny, Mayo Clinic
AC electroporation generator
Applicants: FN u sv. Anny, Vysoké Učení Technické v Brně
An affinity carrier for the selective uptake and / or separation of bacteriophages and a method for the selective uptake and / or separation of bacteriophages by capillary electrophoresis
Applicants: FN u sv. Anny, Masarykova univerzita, Ústav analytické chemie AV ČR
UTILITY AND INDUSTRIAL MODELS
Applicants: FN u sv. Anny, Ústav přístrojové techniky AV ČR
Applicants: FN u sv. Anny, ROBOTSYSTEM, s.r.o
An infusion mixing pump for ultrasonic contrast agents
Applicants: FN u sv. Anny
A device for measuring, recording and analysis of electrical potential caused by cardiac activity
Applicants: FN u sv. Anny, M & I, spol.s r.o., CARDION s.r.o., Ústav přístrojové techniky AV ČR
High voltage AC power supply for electroporation purposes
Applicants: FN u sv. Anny
Electroporation generator for cardiac tissue ablation
Applicants: FN u sv. Anny, Vysoké učení technické v Brně
Kit for determining the specific effect of adenylateisoforms activity
Applicants: FN u sv. Anny
Equipment for determining the specific effect of adenylate cyclase isoforms using HEK293 cell membrane fractions
Applicants: FN u sv. Anny
Screening diagnostic kit for detecting histones in extracellular histone complexes
Applicants: FN u sv. Anny, Ústav výzkumu globální změny AV ČR
Medicinal product for human treatment containing mesenchymal stem cells
Applicants: FN u sv. Anny, PrimeCell Advanced Therapy
Kit for testing the effect of phage preparations
Applicants: FN u sv. Anny, Masarykova univerzita
PROTOTYPES OF NEW DIAGNOSTIC AND THERAPEUTIC EQUIPMENT
Several prototypes have been made (a functional product, made as one unit to verify the properties of an instrument or a tool).
- Microfluidic chip for endothelial cell cultivation with linear channels having circular cross-section
Cardiovascular diseases currently account for the largest share of mortality. For most of them, the formation and development of inflammation in the vessel wall is essential. The proposed fluid model allows to induce such processes in endothelial cells that mimic the development of atherosclerotic changes in the vessel. Result achieved is a microfluidic chip in microscope slide (26 x 76 mm) format. The chip body contains 4 channels with circular cross-section (400 µm) 6,4 cm long. These channels are placed 0.5 mm from the chip base. Each channel is equipped with inlet and outlet. The transition between inlet/outlet is achieved by cylindrical space.
- Microfluidic chamber coupled to a microfluidic syringe pump for standardized axonal transport and induction of controlled injury
Novel assay that allows controlled and reproducible assessment of axonal transport in response to different stressors under physiologic conditions.
It can contribute to faster and cheaper development of new drugs, including the reduction of animal experiments.
Patient measurement and training equipment.
An adapter allowing the user to project a spectrally divided image into two digital cameras.
- HandgripForce Meter (HaFoMet)
Hand grip force measuring device.
- A magnetically navigated microcatheter for endovascular interventions
- Epicardial Electrodes
A prototype of electrodes for stimulation, defibrillation and ablation from epicardial access.
- Coronary Stent
A ferromagnetic stent made of 2205 stainless steel, which is functional, biocompatible and capable of capturing and retaining magnetically marked endothelial cells, achieving rapid stent healing.
- Magnetic Stent Graft
- Infusion mixing pump for ultrasonic contrasting substances
If you are interested in any of our prototypes, please contact our Technology Transfer Office.
- Reporter systems for potencial anticancer drugs screening
New technology – set of reporter lines to test potencial anticancer drugs against oncogene proteins activating MAPK signalling easy and fast way.
- Stabilizing platform 01
If you are interested in any of our certifies technologies, please contact our Technology Transfer Office
Module for Electrophysiology Processing In Online Regime
Successful treatment of pharmacoresistant epilepsy is based on precise localization of the epileptic focus which is often a lengthy process with uncertain result. Achieved result aims to process electrophysiological signals acquired from human brain in real-time. Developed software will allow clinicians to track the occurrence of electrophysiological biomarkers in different areas of the brain and assess the patient’s treatment strategy. Machine learning models give more precise and faster diagnostics through seizure warning and better localization of epileptic focus for a subsequent implantation of a neurostimulation device or pathological tissue resection. Results of signal processing will be visualized for easy interpretation. This software will also find its use in basic research of human brain electrophysiology.
- Software – Research Studies Database
- Universal data-logger
- Software for semi automatically measuring distances to calculate WV PWV
- Software for automatically detecting high-frequency oscillation
- A new analysis method that allows for more reliable measurements of the degree carotid artery stenosis to be taken
- Software for making an accurate diagnosis of an intracranial aneurysm