ACUTE CORONARY SYNDROMES
MUDr. Ota Hlinomaz, CSc.
Phone: +420 543 185 470
Interventional cardiology, stent, scaffold, coronary artery disease, acute myocardial infarction, percutaneous coronary intervention, cardiogenic shock, Tako-tsubo cardiomyopathy, spontaneous coronary artery dissection
The Acute Coronary Syndrome Research Group belongs among pioneers of primary percutaneous coronary intervention program in the Czech Republic and among one of the largest centers. The main activity of the ACS Research Group is interventional cardiology, treatment of acute and chronic coronary artery disease by percutaneous coronary interventions. The main research is focused on a new stent and scaffolds development, treatment of ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI) patients with multivessel disease, cardiogenic shock, antiaggregation therapy, Tako-tsubo cardiomyopathy, new imaging methods of coronary arteries and atherosclerotic plaque progression.
- Evaluate unstable coronary plaques by new imaging methods
- Test newly developed coronary stents and scaffolds in animal models and humans
- Treatment of cardiogenic shock in patients with acute myocardial infarction
- Angiography System – Digital Subtraction Angiography (DSA)
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
- Intracoronary Ultrasound (IVUS)
- Single-Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT)